A warm welcome to all school and kindergarten managers
Given that you look after children every day there is no need to explain to you how much children love to move! Watching them play, jump, spin, skid and swing the necessity of movement for their comfort is apparent.
Paul E. Dennison once said that "Movement is the doorway to any sort of learning". Movement builds the body, the mind, confidence and the ability to express oneself and communicate. When they use their inventiveness and imagination their minds are open ... there is no better time to subconsciously teach a foreign language – without taking them out of there imaginations for intellectual learning at their desks.
This is the approach of our project "We dance in English" team. In principal we try to catch the children's imagination so they can let go of inhibition and be open to learn.
It comes from the children and matches their emotional landscape. Stories, acting, rhythm and music allow the boys and girls to freely express themselves and leave the lesson joyful and inspired – the seeds of two very precious skills, language and dance, subconsciously planted in their souls.
We appreciate any feedback about our exciting project. Please contact us so we can organise a free trial class in your school or Kita.
Tanz-Zehlendorf for Ballet, hip hop and breakdance for children
We Dance in English
... is the name of a new project for preschoolers in Germany including educational content like the Royal Academy of Dance's preschool curriculum
(„Dance to your own tune“). We dance with passion and simultaneously with and through the movement learn a foreign language, following the principal "learning by moving".
• Where? We'll come to your school/Kita, in a suitable room.
• How? We don't need a lot of space, tables and chairs can be moved aside and certainly tidied up afterwards.
• When? Anytime that fits children's schedule.
• What? The 45' long class can be taught entirely in English (if you want). The children are told an exciting story which they then turn into a performance with music and dance. They will even have an opportunity to dress up.
• For whom? For all schoolchildren and preschoolers over the age of 3 years.
• How many? The size of the group is dependant on demand and space but usually consists of 8-12 children per group.
• Prices? We handle payments and contract with the parents personally in order to spare the school/kindergarten management the extra administration. We encourage the children to sign up for a full quarter. Pricing depends on the number of weeks during the quater in question.
Tanz-Zehlendorf for ballet, hip hop und breakdance for children